Unfortunately when you are a strong person, people think that you never have problems. You are always there for others when they need you, but you always keep your troubles to yourself. However, the minute that you have problems and share your emotions, some people immediately think that your whole world is falling apart and that you can’t keep it together!
Just because I keep it to myself all the time and fix it on my own, does not mean that I do not need a loving friend, word or shoulder sometimes. Being understood and loved instead of judged is a very nice way to show someone that you truly love them. It has always been naturally hard for me to show my emotions or ask for help. I’ve always known to keep it all to myself and never ask for anything, not even a kind word or a hug from anyone. It’s been a “Suck it up and deal with it” kind of attitude! To the point that even close friends and family members think that my life is PERFECT and that I NEVER have PROBLEMS!
Well, guess what? I refuse to do that anymore. If that makes some people feel uncomfortable, they will just simply have to deal with it! I will no longer be a post for someone to lean on, when they can’t even provide me with a bucket to sit on! From here on, I will not keep it in anymore. If anything, sharing it all may help others who may be dealing with similar situations, to know that they are not alone and that they too can make it right and take control of their lives one way or another.
Besides if someone can’t deal with me at my worst and when I fall, instead of helping me up they judge me, then there is no point in them sticking around, now is there? Nor do I want them to!
I am who I am, period. I will not pretend nor be something else in the presence of others, just so others can feel comfortable with mine! What you see is what you get and if you don’t like it, then STOP looking!
- Reflections: Who is Your Emotional Vampire? (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Share Your World Week 26 ~ Whoopee!! (barefootbaroness.org)
- The Closet (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- awake my soul. (journeytotheordinary.wordpress.com)
- The Reflection in the Mirror is Love (momentswithmillie.wordpress.com)
- Just about done with this game of life. (ask.metafilter.com)
- Things I Don’t Understand (And Probably Never Will) (theycallmesassypants.wordpress.com)
- Family Politics (travissentell.wordpress.com)