Joan Rivers Protests at Costco by Chaining Herself to a Shopping Cart… Oh my!
By Ingrid Jackson, COO | Chief writer RabbitsVox.com
Editor: Lee A. Jackson
Joan Rivers’ New York Times Best seller novel, “I Hate Everyone … Starting with Me,” was banned by Costco, prohibiting the novel to be sold at their stores. According to an ABC News report, this action prompted the eccentric 79 year old best selling author to chain herself to a Costco shopper’s shopping cart. Confused yet amused shoppers watched as Joan Rivers marched in the store, carrying a mega phone, handcuffs and holding copies of her book which she kindly autographed for Costco shoppers.
This was an unauthorized appearance by Joan Rivers as she never made any type of arrangement with the store for a book signing or anything of that sort.
The host of the show “Fashion Police” said that she was not boycotting Costco nor telling people to stop shopping there. She said that she was simply protecting her first amendment rights, that this is America and that she does not want… See on rabbitsvox.com ENTER THE RABBIT!
- Joan Rivers Protests at Costco by Chaining Herself to a Shopping Cart… Oh my! | RabbitsVox.com (myspanishtranslator.wordpress.com)
- Joan Rivers Chains Herself to Shopping Cart in Protest (abcnews.go.com)
- Joan Rivers chains herself to Costco shopping cart; police respond (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Joan Rivers stages protest at Costco (wtvr.com)
- Joan Rivers Protests Costco: Comedian Handcuffs Herself To Shopping Cart After Store Refuses To Sell Her Book (huffingtonpost.com)
- Watch: Joan Rivers protests at Costco: Handcuffs self to shopping cart (bazaardaily.com)
- Joan Rivers Protests Costco In Burbank, Calif. For Not Selling Her Book (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Joan Rivers cuffs self to Costco cart (upi.com)
- Joan Rivers Handcuffed Herself To Cart To Protest Costco (celebs.gather.com)
- Joan Rivers HANDCUFFS Herself to Shopping Cart in Anti-Costco Protest (tmz.com)